Care & Maintenance for your New Patio Furniture Cover
First you have to understand the concept of a protective cover. Covers are designed to protect your outdoor furniture investment, to keep your furniture clean and dry. Just like anything that sits outside in the elements, protective covers will get dirty. If the covers get dirty then they are doing their job in keeping the weathering, dirt and debris away from your furniture.
When your covers do get dirty, follow these simple instructions to
keep your covers looking good and lasting.
Washing your covers
- Remove any large debris from the covers
- Leave the covers on the furniture and rinse off with a hose
- Use mild, warm soapy water (nothing abrasive or with harsh chemicals)
- Use a soft rag to scrub the dirt and dip in the soapy water repeatedly
- Rinse off with a hose and allow to dry on the furniture. If possible hang from an overhang, as long as the covers don't touch the ground.
- If covers were hung to dry, make sure they are totally dry before placing back on furniture
We recommend never putting your covers in the washing machine. We have had customers put their covers in the washing machine and they turned out fine and clean, others said their covers were destroyed from the harsh soap and agitation. We have experienced 50-50 results on this and still prefer the good old hose down method.
Storing your covers
The warm season is here and your ready to store your covers and use your prized furniture. Follow these easy instructions to safely store your covers.
- It's always best to clean your covers with the instructions above before storing for prolonged periods of time.
- Make sure your covers are totally dry before storing. If water is trapped in the covers while store, they may mildew. Mildew occurs when water can't escape and evaporate.
- A storage pocket has been sewn into to all of our covers. To store in the pocket, it will take good folding technique to get into the pocket. Our preferred storing method is to use the original package the cover came in. PC Covers (Gray vinyl) come in a ziplock poly bag and the BC & NC Covers (Tron-Weve) come in a zippered thick poly bag with handle. Both making it easy to store.
- Once safely back in the packaging, put the covers indoors or in a covered area so they aren't exposed all year long. This will make your covers last longer.
Our covers are easy to use, simple to clean and easy to store. We hope to have you as a customer and enjoy your covers for years to come.
KoverRoos Cleaning Information
Your cover can be hand washed or laundered in a front loading washing machine (no agitator). Wash in cold water and hang to dry. DO NOT PUT IN A DRYER! High heat can destroy the fabric. You can also spot wash with a soft cloth and a mild bleach. do not use an abrasive cleaner or cloth. It is important to keep your cover clean. This is the best protection against mildew. Your cover is made from material that will not promote the formation of mildew. However, mildew can grow on accumulated dirt and foreign material that collects on the cover. Keep your cover away from trees, shrubbery, vines, etc. as they contain acids that may deteriorate or stain your cover. Always store your cover dry. Folding the cover wet can promote mildew growth that can degrade the fabric. Hang dry before folding.